Thursday, October 23, 2014

Mini Golf and Bars

We live about a five minute bike ride from the pretty spectacular Tivoli Park.  It has a very well manicured southern portion that has pretty old buildings, bike and walking paths, and a mini golf course, with a bar attached to it of course.  Virtually every business of any size here seems to be next to, or to include, a small cafe/bar, and the minigolf course was no exception.

The nice thing about this is the general sense of camraderie and friendliness that a city full of bars offers. People seem to be out and about having coffee or wine at all hours of the day or night and many of the small neighborhood places look to be full of regulars chatting and enjoying each other's company.  The down side is, of course, that I'll see people out drinking al fresco starting at 10 am, and you'll be shocked to hear that many of these folks appear to have cleared the remainder of that day's schedule to really focus their attention on their current task.

Anyhow, last weekend the girls and I went to play eighteen, after we started out on the nineteenth hole with lemonade for them and red wine for me:
Attaching a bar to a minigolf establishment immensely improves both experiences, so much so that I think I'll just bring a bottle with me next time I putt putt in the USA.  Here's photographic evidence that fun was had:

Dahlia won by the way.
  


1 comment:

  1. Drinking and Golfing sounds Alright with Me!!!!! It's a tribute to the golfing that the girls look that happy on just lemonade...You? I'm not so sure about. Lv mom

    ReplyDelete