Sunday, March 8, 2015

Slovenian weekend

What is a typical weekend in Ljubljana?  I have no idea, but this weekend, for us, it included:

1. Thursday night we saw Hamo and Tribute 2 Love, a band that reminded me of Joe Cocker crossed with Steppenwolf.  Rock and Roll is alive and well in Slovenia!

 



2. Friday night we visited the temporary exhibit of the European Space Expo.  Their program is small, but they did serve wine, so public support is high.  Maybe NASA should try this?


Then a little dessert at Zvezda, one of our favorite sweet shops:



3. Saturday: Sleepovers for the girls!  They have not had as much time with friends this year as normal, so these social events are more appreciated than ever.

And a little spring cleaning - our yard is blooming!



4. Sunday: A short ski trip for me (nobody else wanted to go!)  and I wanted to ski at least once in Slovenia before the snow is gone.   I left the house at 7:30, hit the slopes of Vogel above Lake Bohinj by 9:30am, skied for 3 hours, had a snack and got home by 2pm.  Lift tickets 29 Euros, equipment rental 14 Euros.  Not bad!

Slovenians ski really well.

The gondola up was the scariest part.
 

5. And now Sunday afternoon and evening: grading papers and planning classes for the coming week.    And laundry.  Whoohoo!



5 comments:

  1. When I visited Slovenia I stayed in Pension Stare, around the corner from the Vogel ski lift. We rode the lift up and enjoyed the view. It was late spring, early summer. I don't like heights, but my wife loves them. I got out and moved off the deck grating as quickly as possible. 1000 feet of nothing but air below my feet wasn't making me feel all that secure.

    I really liked the Bohinj area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about that gondola - I prefer to keep my feet on the ground, even if they're on skis!

      Delete
  2. Loved the photos, the thoughts, and the week-end choices. Indya, just you and you&Ben and Georgia Poe look so great...comfortable, yourselves and settled in. Sweet shops, wine, rock and roll, surviving what looked like a terrifying height -defying lift, and grounding you all is my friend the backyard gnome. He looks a lot happier than he did at Christmas when we were there. I think this is not a typical week-end in Slovenia...but rather, a typical Kincannon-Barton weekend wherever you are. So good to see. Love you all....momb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading all our posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, really dreams do come through, i no longer have to apply for loans and worry over my bad credit scores, i got my blank ATM card after so many trails all thanks to Mr George, if you are thinking if its actually real the answer is YES. Mr George is very good at his job i applied for the card and got it shipped to my country 5 days later and i have been using the card for two months, withdrawn a total of €30000 its totally untraceable, my life has transformed from paring an apartment in the slums to purchasing an executive condo with luxury furniture's and now my children can now attend quality schools, Mr George is an angel sent from God to the poor and needy. i am writing this with tears of joy as Mr George has removed my family from the life of want to the life of satisfaction and i have enough money saved up for Christmas. you can contact him through this email: blankatm402@gmail.com
    BEST WISHES

    ReplyDelete